Saturday, August 30, 2008

Malaysian Carnival 2008

Selamat Merdeka 51 !!!
We celebrate national day too!!!

Early this morning, we headed all the way to Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre at Brickendonbury to celebrate this momentous occasion of Malaysia's 51th independence. Not only did we take 15mins tube and an hour car ride to this place, we also spent quite some money at the carnival. I quite love my country, eh??

The crowd, the stalls, the food, the flag and most of all, the 'kiao' and the 'Manglish' had simply built up the Malaysian atmosphere. Not to mention the weather, as you can see from the picture above, it's really SuNNY!!! Almost got me to forget that I'm not in Malaysia.

Know what?? There were various malaysian food selling at the stalls, and are often sold at very HIGH price.. *shake head* I think the people here really love satay.. Believe it or not, I queued for abt 30mins, just to get 15 satays for £12!! (Not me, I helped someone to get it.)

As it was near the ending, everyone's 'throwing' their food like hell.. the price dropped dramatically!! From 1 for £5, to 1 for £3, and eventually 2 for £5. I was helping my aunt's friend to sell her Soya Bean Milk and MAN, I really shouted my butt off like a freak to get the remaining sold out!! I am so proud of myself grabbing things at very cheap price during that time. 5 packages of Maggi Mee for £5, and my aunt got a basket of fruits for £1. HAHAHA.. So happy :)



*skip the raffle (lucky draw) and various programmes*



*UK has very beautiful countryside....love it*

It was really a lot of fun there. It's really nice to have met so many people there. There was a foochao lady approached to me and said,
"Are you from Sibu?".... bla bla bla
"This is my first time here".. bla bla bla...
"Oh dear, it's so nice to meet people from the same place here."
Then she murmured to me with grin on her face,
" OHHH, no one knows what we're talking about." hehehehe..
I went totally -_-"""

I had quite a lot of spicy food today, fingers crossed, I don't want sore throat tomorrow.

4 comments:

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

was looking for posts on the merdeka carnival and found ur blog. i was there yesterday. interesting blog.

Anonymous said...

Dude!!! Celebrating Malaysia's 51st independence in UK is really cool eh? (And I bet the silat performance took you back to Malaysia for a minute) haha You know, it got me thinking like, "Whoa! Do they have this in Canada too???" hahaha (Some wishful thinking, ei? *grin*)

Anyways, I'm very glad to see you're doing great and I just wanted to drop by to let you know that I'm still very much surviving on the face of Earth. Thank you so much for the oxygen you sent and I am definitely not gonna tell you how many sea creatures I have in my HUGE net, but your short email really brought a huge smile to my face. : )

Thanks so much for everything, buddy!!! You take care & have fun!!! Term's gonna start soon, so yeah... better double and triple your amount of fun. *GRIN* P/s: Do not tell you aunt I said that. *GRIN*

Talk to ya soon, Ed!

Anonymous said...

*your aunt... (sorry, typo error : )

Ed said...

hey, thanks for ur msg dude.. shows that u aren't always under the sea eh?

Anyway, have fun. n i look forward to talking to u soon ...

:)