Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Royal Albert Hall --- BBC Proms

One of the highlights that I've done recently -- I went to BBC Proms at my ideal hall. Little did I know that this Proms does not mean the Proms with dance and party, but watching the orchestra live.

Prom 45:
Harvey, Messiaen & Varèse
. Tuesday, 19 August, 2008 - 7:00PM
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Ilan Volkov conductor

As I said, the hall is really HUGE, with this fantastic and fine structure inside the hall. The building is perfectly designed to modify the sound into better quality and transmit it to every part of the hall, acting like a big musical instrument. It is just like entering the 'electroacoustic' sound-world. No matter where you sit or stand, you will receive the same frequency as if you are standing in front of the stage. Photograph is not allowed in the hall, so if you want to see how it looks inside, kindly visit www.royalalberthall.com

I had a great night listening to one of the greatest performance in Britain. Symphony Orchestra it is, in which performing a long piece of music, usually with four movements. The concert features two works by one of the earliest pioneers of electronic music, and that was my first time listening to electronic music LIVE. Never did I know that Piano could perform in such way, nor that I know about how the electronic music is produced. It is really amazing!

For those who enjoy Digital Surrounding Sound Effect, Royal Albert Hall is definitely the place that you are looking for.
Cheers :)

http://www.iqc.ca/~dstebila/pictures/2004/britain/photos/Royal_Albert_Hall.jpg

No comments: