Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Malaysia-UK

It was late when I finally finished packing. Last minute packing was indeed, indescribably pathetic. So for those who have not left Kch yet, please pack couple days before if you don't want last minute rush. By the time I was settled and done with my last post, the clock had struck 12.

Heart was heavy and sleep was short, I woke up at 4am to prepare. The airport was quiet when we arrived. Our luggage, 50kg... definitely exceeded the maximum weight allowance -- 20kg per person.. but, we passed the officer.. Thank God.
I was convinced later that night, not to feel hard as I know this is meant for something bigger, and so did I not crying. And then we went in the departure lounge.

13 hours flight wasn't that bad to me. We were lucky there wasn't a lot of passengers so we had the opportunity to enjoy a row of seats. The flight was OK overall despite some really rude steward and stewardess, made me doubt how Malaysia Airlines got voted the most friendly cabin crew in 2007.
.
.
.
.
We were 20 minutes earlier than the estimated time when we arrived Britain's territorial airspace. Knw What ?? I guess Heathrow Airport was having traffic jam that time? We were informed to fly above the airport for 10 minutes before landing. I thought we were the only plane doing that, but if u took a closer look, you could notice that there were 3 or 4 planes doing that too. All of sudden, that looked like we were having some sort of city above the sky like the ones we watch on tv. haha

We were announced landing. I was amazed by the structure of the city looking from the sky before landing. London Heathrow airport is REALLY big!!!! 5 terminals! I didn't take any photo though. Everyone was running so I didnt want to be a freak.

Taste some photos!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I can totally imagine the traffic at Heathrow Airport. I still remember my brother telling me it's one of the busiest airport. Anyways, you have lotsa fun in UK, dude!!! :D