Thursday, August 14, 2008

I go out play play!! -- cousin's visit

I only get to go out to these tourist destination after a week in London. My cousin from Sunderland arrived London with her friend from Sibu, that's why I had the opportunity. I am a super saver, so I didn't really spend a penny to visit these area besides transport fee.

12.8.08
Natural and History Musuem
Admission free!
I thought this is where the movie 'Night At the Musuem' was filmed. I kept promoting this museum to my cousin and convinced my sister to bring us there, and I turned up so lame when we arrived. Little did I know they are not fond of musuem, that kind of bored them.


Oxford Street


Royal Albert Hall
I love this hall so much. It is drop-dead gorgeous. I have been wanting to visit this since I know it's existence. It is just opposite Royal College of Music (RCM), the sch I wanted to enter, and behind Imperial College London. It is now having a daily BBC proms at night but I guess you need a partner who can dance. I am so afraid of sia-soi-ng here.


13.8.08

Trafalgar Square - National Gallery

Buckingham Palace

Queen Victoria Memorial

Dont know what this called. There were quite a number of this type of people. I'm not sure if they feel comfortable because camera can't stop snapping. There was even a long queue for taking photo with them. They couldn't have any facial expression whatever happens, but they do march occasionaly to warm up. Almost all of them look young in teenage, and the elder ones could walk around, observing them. Quite pity huh..

St. James Park

Big Ben & Houses of Parliament

Tower Bridge

Don't know what this called either! This is the building I like the most. It is so attractive that I couldn't get my eyes off it everytime I look at it. It's quite a pity that we couldn't find it's exact location, so I took a picture from a distance.

Touring around London can be really fascinating. The tourist attractions in London are always filled up. You could heard a lot of different languages around you when you are in London, and that's what make it a massive and multi-nation city.. 3 years I will be here, so wait up.. I will be there.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your pictures, Ed! But you know, looking at the pics and actually being there is two different things altogether, but if there's a chance, I guess UK would be a nice place for a getaway. And Tower Bridge! I taught my kids writing once and we had a sketch of Tower Bridge in the book, but in real life, it looks so much cooler! haha Not to mention, the buildings have this historic and ancient air to it, which makes it all the more interesting. Oh, and I can't help noticing the blue skies in the first few pics, I could almost feel how beautiful the weather is. :D Bottom line is, have a blast, dude! haha

Ed said...

I hope this will give you a very good impression abt UK, so include it in your list next time when u are thinking of travelling. And yea, the sky here seldom get so blue, it's summer now so you get to see some blue sky..
I am so glad you knw that is tower bridge, cause 9 out of 10 thought this is london bridge. lol
Anyway, Wish you have you good time and do appear online on your msn once in a while.. Have fun.. Cya