Sunday, August 10, 2008

Saturday dinner

Aunt's friends, Iris, was really hospitable to invite us over her place at North London to have barbecue dinner. There wasn't a single person who came without holding present on their hands. I guess it's the tradition over here. So, we grabbed a pot plant for her.

My aunt had been very kind to offer her three pair of hands. So we had to take early tube and bus there, and it was only 3pm when we arrived. The place around there is very pretty. Here are some photos of Goldens Green.


There were almost 20 of us in the house. Most of us didn't know each other. We couldn't help but squeezing around as the house is way too small for such amount of people.

What we did is to help around in her kitchen. The kitchen is pathetically small, and that's why restaurant business over here never goes bankrupt.

We made these satays all by ourselves and that was my first time making satay. I was told that it costs minimum 1 pound for just a single stick. I told myself if I ever go unemployed in the future, why not come to Britain and sell satay? Oh goody, they love satay!

Despite that first time, I had the opportunity to taste Angmo's ABC for the first time as well. The lady below is from Germany. She was damn funny and the kitchen was filled with laughter the moment she made her ABC while me, making my chinese tea. I also learnt that not only chinese have this particular way of calling the westerners(Angmo), we are called something like 'cheng cheong' from their mouth too. And it definitely doesn't mean any good if you hear it here. The houses here are in the typical English style. It is often very quiet and safe in the residential area. The sky was dark when we made our move back. When I say it's dark, you know what time it is. It was raining heavy and the strong wind hit on your face under that condition definitely doesn't feel nice.

I woke up at 7am this morning. Very Happy. A very comforting improvement. :D

No comments: