Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Staying away from London once in a while is good. Honestly, living in the third most expensive city in the world is tough. It's tough because the city is so huge that you get lost so easily. It's tough because things are expensive, Oxford/Regents streets kill pockets. It's tough because people are tough.

Most people in the uni are going back home. I think I am the only one in a few people who is going to spend the Christmas and new year in London. The holiday is kind of long and thus I took 5 days off, visitng my sister and cousin in Birmingham, the second largest city in the UK.

I enjoyed the first 2 or 3 days in my sister's hostel. The place is kind of OK, it is very close to her uni, and the uni is not in the city (that's the main point). Even if it is in the city, it's still so much different to London and you have to believe me when I tell you this, the second largest city in the UK is not actually large anyway!

I really really don't know how I am going to survive if my uni is located outside the city, in 'ulu ulu' place like Univ. of Birmingham for instance. I mean, you've got nothing else to do apart from lectures! It's not like you could skip lecture and go to see Daniel Craig premiere of Quantum of Solace in Leicester Square. *Cough cough* One good thing about Univ. of Birmingham is that it is huge! 10 times larger than my tiny small UCL located in central of London. They've got many green fields, their own football field and WIDE pedestrian. It reminded me of how pathetic it is for us UCL folks to walk on narrow pedestrian which could only fit one side forward and the other backward. ;[

Anyway, I started feeling bored of Birmingham after 2, 3 days and some of my friends said I'm addicted to London? Gosh, hell no! That's like one of the worst thing ever that'll happen to me. Addicted to London?? my goodness! (and well, I actually feel better when I came back in London but that doesn't mean I'm addicted to it, does it?)

No comments: