Thursday, December 11, 2008

I think I got a job

Few months ago I was desperately looking for a job, but to no avail.

I sent out CV (I thought mine was pretty crap), cover letter, but I never got any replies apart from the ones which I was rejected.

This term was really busy so I didn't really have much time to go out + I need to save money..

So I dropped off the idea.. maybe I just wasn't meant to work in this hectic term.

Couple days ago I got an email from titicaca.co.uk travel, saying that they're recruiting people to expand their business in different part of England. So they need some enthusiastic and responsible people to be their regional sales representative. They prefer people who can speak Mandarin & English, preferably current student.
(Who could be better than Me ???) *smile*

I was thinking, maybe this is the sign. As I was thinking who would ever email people directly to offer a job? Aren't they supposed to post it or advertise somewhere where people can see it?
Without having too much second thought, I corrected my CV and wrote a very appealing and outstanding cover letter to express my enthusiasm, and sent it off literally 2 hours after I read that email.

Finally within 24 hours time, I got a reply.
In order to know me better and to assess my suitability, I was given an employment assessment task. It was all in Mandarin, I guess they wanted me to show that I can speak/write in Mandarin?
It took me freaking two hours to complete those simple questions, longer than anyone would ever expected.
*Reason for that :
1, I had to make it looks good
2, I simply forgot how to write proper Mandarin. Crap!

Anyway, I got reply from them today. Again, it's within 24 hours!! (efficient!)

''感谢你一直以来对TITICACA.co.uk旅行社的支持 (我才懂你两天!!),也很高兴你能喜欢销售代表这个位置(因为可以赚钱和获得staff discount ---我忘了怎么说staff discount in 中文)。通过你在测试卷中所提到的信息和个人想法,我们能体会到通过你的聪明和努力一定能够充分胜任这份工作(那当然!)......''

Ok. Now I think I would have enough money to really chill out and actually have fun by next term!
(not to mention discount staff rate for travelling? BIG GRIN)

1 comment:

xueli said...

人生中真的有高潮期和低潮期啊...恭喜你咯,还有提早祝你Happy Christmas...统考成绩刚刚放榜,我惨死了...

P/s:不要忘记你的母语喔.