Monday, December 29, 2008

ChRiSTMaS + BoXinG DaY + CriSiS

So it has been quite a while since I blog, I guess......, time just seems passing so quickly. About christmas, I know I should probably post it on the day or a day after but I just didn't have time to write about it. Here it is, my post-christmas post.

That was my first christmas in winter. (I know my lack of previous experience in my younger days will annoy some of you and I'm sorry if you feel annoyed) It was very different, missing those church performance, christmas parade, and similar faces that were hanging around in church. I had a very English style of christmas. I remembered I was so tired that I couldn't even wait for the clock to strike 12 and I headed to bed without hanging up my stocking.
So, I missed the most exciting part of christmas ---> waking up early in the morning, checking the stocking for surprised present from Mr. Santa.
Then, I went to christmas service at a local church, meeting a lot of people who only go to church once in a year. (Very common isn't it?) After that, aunt's friend came to pick us up to his house for christmas dinner. (Very English) He then sent us home at 4am in the midnight, really very kind of them to have us over.

Boxing day... I don't know what it is but it has something to do with the bible and it is like one of the very momentous events in christianity? That's what I was told. The person who told me didn't seem very sure though. But, it's mostly about shopping(!!!!), where most of the store had discount up to 50-70%. Literally spent about RM1000, and enough about it.

Took up voluntary service at Crisis today. Was fun, I was assigned to Rough Sleepers Centre. All of the guests are homeless in London. It's 1:20am right now, brain is not working well so think of what normal volunteer would do then. Was enjoying it... really.. another shift to go tomorrow. That's it !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah... I miss the craze of Boxing Day!!! :D