Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Last Vacation

So I was thinking I should update my last vacation at KL & Penang now before I fly off for another one ( which is on this coming sunday *excited**grin* )

The first day and the last two days were KL. Besides the National Zoo that we planned to visit but failed, it was mostly shopping. I think most of you have been to KL so I will not further writing about it.

Penang, isn't it like divided into two? I guess so. Georgetown and Butterworth. I went to Georgetown, the one on the island. Penang is windy and hot but beautiful. The people there are generally friendly, although reckless drivers are everywhere on the road. I felt my life was at risk riding on a car at Penang. The driver never bothers to watch the traffic when they are turning out to the main road. It's kind of thrilling if you want to enjoy some traffic exitement!
The first thing that caught my eye when I was about to landing was the buildings. Sure there are a lot of tall buildings in Penang, mostly old apartment. Penang International Airport is just like our Kuching International Airport. You don't have to travel 1-2 hours to get to the City Centre, which is good and saving time. The main differences are the terminal building of the airport is very old and it is really INTERNATIONAL. (unlike the one in Kuching, barely see any international flight). My sister said there is even direct flight from London to Penang. Isn't it International now? *wow*

this is shot opposite Gurney Plaza

Despite the delicious and tasty Penang food, the scenic spots are also one of the major tourist attractions. We hired a local tourist guide to bring us around the island. He brought us to Botanical Garden, Spice Garden, Butterfly Farm, Fruit Farm, Kek Loh Si Temple and Snake Temple.

We were especially amazed about the Canon-ball tree that we found at Botanical Garden. Man, never did I know that there is such spectacular plant in the world. Looking at all the different plants in the garden makes me think how creative our God is.

The row of buildings above are one of the most outstanding building along the way to Spice Garden. The structure of the building and it's artistic look are what make it so appealing. I was thinking if it is an apartment, maybe I could own one next time and make it my personal villa at Penang. *Grin* And not to forget Georgetown is on the island, so you could actually enjoy the beautiful scenary by the sea.

Botanical Garden~

I never knew that Nangka could grow that large!!

Butterfly farm. A must go place at Penang
And finally, I should thank Leong(no photo) for lending us her apartment. It was cool. She had been a nice company throughout our trip at Penang. Cheers~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah... Pretty Penang!!!

Anonymous said...

d last photo u looked like monkey

Ed said...

Crap, Thank you Ah Pek! I will get you a pair of specs next time when you are looking at my post!